Mobile Automation test Strategy
Important points to remember when writing test plan or strategy for mobile automation.
- Which platforms will be covered - Android, iOS, Windows, Firefox OS
- Which versions of the platform will be tested
- What all device types (Tablets, Phablets, Phones, iPads) to be covered?
- Testing on which Device orientation - Portrait or landscape Orientation.
- Which automation technology to use - XCUiTest, Espresso, UiAutomator or Selendroid
- Which tool to use - Appium, Ranorex, Robotium, MonkeyRunner, UFT Pro or LeanFT
- In-house or cloud based setup? - Browserstack, saucelabs, experitest, applitools, AWS device farms
- Which type of framework to be used - Page object model, Unit testing framework?
- Which CI server to use? - Azure devops, Teamcity, Bamboo or Jenkins?
- Types of testing - functional, non-functional (load testing, Accessibility)