Introduction to Security Testing
Security testing is used to verify that system doesn’t have any flaws which might make system vulnerable to the attackers and hackers.
Below aspects of the software are considered while carrying out security testing.
- Confidentiality – Only authorized people should be able to access information
- Integrity – The information should not be altered/modified by hackers or middlemen before reaching the actual end users.
- Authentication – System should authenticate the person before giving access to it.
- Authorization – End user should have proper access rights and permissions to access specific information
- Availability – Information should be available whenever end users need it.
- Non-Repudiation – System should allow us to identify the sender and receiver of the information with digital evidence.
Complex problems, Simple Solutions